Home » Free Content » Holiday Rental Marketing – The Insiders Guide Is Dead

The insiders guide is dead

The insiders guide is dead!

Yep – Dead as a Dodo.

There are three reasons for this;

1. Insiders guides are not at all guest friendly
  2. Google finds insiders guides boring
  3. Insiders guides are out of date as soon as they’re published

Don’t misunderstand me. I was one of the first to publish an in depth local guide as part of my website. I advised others to do the same.

Times change though… Peoples needs change… Technology advances… Marketing evolves…

Read on to find out what’s replacing them…

1. Insiders guides are not at all guest friendly

Let’s face it, our insiders guides were always a bit of a marketing afterthought. We didn’t really put them together for the guest.

Our main motivation was self promotion, extra SEO juice and some one-upmanship over our local competition.
That’s fair enough.
In general we researched, wrote and published local information, uploaded it to part of our website or sent guests a PDF copy once they booked.
This was partly due to the somewhat limited tools we had at the time.
None of us paid too much attention as to how guests might utilize that information once they were on holiday.

Ask yourself, How will guests access this information when they are on the move?
Say they’re leaving the beach and fancy something to eat?

Wouldn’t it be great if you could help them then? That really would be an insiders guide.

2. Google finds insiders guides boring

That’s it. Google’s just not interested it that old format.

The older things are on the net, the less interested Google becomes in them (with the odd exception).

It’s a bit like newspapers – yesterdays news is not news – it’s history (and that’s not as interesting as news).

Worse still If you publish them as PDF’s Google doesn’t even know about them.

Wouldn’t it be great if our guides interested Google?

3. Insiders guides are out of date as soon as they are published

That’s the trouble with one off “static” publications.

What if Lady Gaga decides to play a gig at the local bar? How are you going to tell the world about that?

What if your favourite local restaurant gets a Michelin star? Who will know?

You just added a Jacuzzi to your home. Are you going to put out a press release?

What if you have a last minute cancellation? So you offer a half price deal – How are you going to publicise that?

You can’t do any of that easily – That’s the trouble with insides guides of the past – You couldn’t update them easily – You couldn’t keep them fresh
That’s why they are dead in the water.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could replace the old with the new? Replacing staid history with groundbreaking news.

Here’s the insiders guide to insiders guides

The vacation rental marketing takeaway

Todays modern, smartphone wielding, guests want smart modern insiders guides.
They want mobile friendly, searchable, up to date, multi media insiders guides.

And we have just that…

Booking Plus 4G Live guides are the way forward.

They contain lightly branded news, views, what’s on info, the where to go lowdown, maps, video, top tips and much more.

They take a few hours to set up and they take 10 minutes or so a day to run but they have so much SEO power they will kill off your competition and bring you onto the front page of the search results for a host of keywords.

They are so damm interesting – people read them even if they are not planning on becoming guests. They share the stuff in them too and they even interact and comment on them.

Better still Google loves these types of guides. It reads ours every day. Who’s reading yours?

We have spent the last 6 months developing an insiders guide system that owners can use to fulfil their own needs and the needs of both Google and guests.

The Bookings Plus 4G System

4Getting bookings
4Guests
4Google
4Gaining followers

We truly believe that this is the future of holiday rental marketing (and we have proof).
We all have two clients now, Google and guests and both need looking after.

We are giving away the first 50 places in The Bookings Plus 4G System for free. If you would like to join up please leave a comment below saying so or email us at [email protected] and tell us about yourself and your rental. First class starts at the end of January, see you there.

yours,

You may like to follow rentmoreweeks.com at one of the places below, that way you won’t miss out on other articles made for owners just like you.

22 thoughts on “Holiday Rental Marketing – The Insiders Guide Is Dead

1. premiervacationhomesorlando.com says:

Would this 4 G system work for small vacation rental company as well as for the larger ones . I have an insiders guide that we send out to booked guests but like the idea of a mobile system

1. Alan Egan says:

Hi there premiervacationhomesorlando.com,

The system is really aimed at individual owners but will work for you too. I wasn’t really planning on showing companies how this works but as you asked I’m willing to sign you up if you want to try it out.
      It works, so I’m game if you are.
      Let me know if you want in.

Regards Alan

2. Louise says:

Interesting stuff. Definitely want to find out more about the 4G system

1. Alan Egan says:

Hi Louise, Thanks for getting in touch. I will drop you a line explaining more

3. I’m a believer. Sign me up.

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Dennis, Nice looking place you have there.
      Thanks for contacting us, consider yourself signed up. I will be in touch with more details as the month goes on.

Regards Alan

4. Hi
    I am writing from Australia. Will your guide work here. I would love to try it.
    I have just built this new website for our properties and we are going to send it live shortly.

I look forward to your reply.

Sonja

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Sonja, Thanks for leaving your details. Nice looking site by the way. I like the clean look.
      I have added you to the 4G programme and will be in touch in the coming weeks

Thanks again Alan

5. Beth says:

Hi Alan,

I saw this on Rentallect, and am interested in the class.

Beth

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Beth,

Thanks for getting in touch.
      That’s a very nice looking place you have

I have added you to the class and will be in touch with more details later in the month.

6. Beth says:

Thanks, Alan!

7. Thibault says:

Alan, please let me know about this solution, thanks.

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Thibault,

Thanks for asking about the B+4G system.
      I have put you down for a free place, I hope that’s ok.
      I’m keeping details of the system under wraps until the beginning of February but to give you, and the others here, an idea, it rolls a lot of marketing methods and channels into one easy to use system.

Primarily it drives bookings
      It’s a blog, but you don,t need to be a blogger, you don’t even need to know what blogging is.
      It’s a localguide
      It’s an insiders guide
      It’s an up to date what’s on guide
      It’s promotes your property
      It’s a marketing machine
      It’s an tactile map
      It’s interesting enough to gain a following
      It’s integrated across several social media platforms, but you don’t need to spend time on those platforms
      It’s easily shared

All rolled into an online, multi media, magazine

Best of all it’s free to operate. It only requires your time

1. Leo says:

Hi Alan,
        I will be more than happy to receive your insider guides.
        Your photography guides are just awesome and I’m sure this guide is also great like all of your products
        Best
        Leo

8. Bennie says:

Hi Alan
    Will this insider guide works in Namibia where we host 90%+ visiters from Europe,etc. 99% of them is once off clients.
    Regards
    Bennie

1. Alan Egan says:

Hi Bennie,

It certainly will. It will work anywhere as long as there are things to see and things to do (which covers pretty much everywhere).

I have sent you the first weeks videos and links by email.

If you need more help please ask

Regards Alan

9. Max Sprung says:

I have 3 upscale properties I just stared renting this summer in the island of Hvar in Croatia, would this work there?

Regards,
    Max

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Max, thanks for getting in touch.

This method of marketing would work for Hvar (it looks very beautiful there). It works for just about everywhere.

10. Fiona says:

Hallo there

Are you running any more courses? Are there any more free places?

Thanking you in advance

1. Alan Egan says:

Hello Fiona,

Thanks for getting in touch.
      Good news and bad news.
      The good news is, I am running courses but the bad news is that I’m not running any more of these particular courses for free.
      But the extra good news is that as it’s the Vacation Rental World Summit this weekend and I’m a keynote speaker, I’m offering a summit discount this weekend so you can get 50% off the course prices. The discount code is vrws – Just enter that code if you would like to enrol.
      You can find the courses at http://bookingsplus4g.com
      Please have a look around.
      There is a free course on the site that deals with social media basics for vacation rental owners and also looks at what we are achieving with our clients on the paid courses. It’s free to enrol on this course.
      If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards Alan

11. Larry Allen says:

I’m starting a management company for my Homeowner’s association and something like this is very needed. How do I sign up for the class.

1. Alan Egan says:

Hi Larry,

Thanks for dropping by. You can see more details and sign up here http://bookingsplus4g.com/course/social-media-marketing-for-vacation-rental-owners/
      If you have any questions please just drop me a line.

Regards Alan